Institute of Rural Development Studies (IRDS)
RDF has added a new dimension in the form of IRDS for training of member NGOs and to develop human resources by providing a platform to carry out research in rural development issues.
The objectives of IRDS are:
- To act as a resource centre to enhance the professional capacity of NGOs.
- To provide facilities for the training and capacity building of NGOs particularly those at the grass-root level from rural areas to improve their performance.
- To act as a clearing house for dissemination of information and sharing of experiences, ideas and views.
- To promote linkages and support networks.
- To promote research and documentation on various development issues.
- To maintain liaison with government agencies, donors, international NGOs, and inter-governmental organizations for possible collaboration.
- To arrange seminars, conferences and workshops.