- Foundationís initial 4 to 5 years were spent in organizing maximum Village Development Committees (VDCs) in four provinces of Pakistan and Azad Kashmir.
- VDCs were given regular training in RDF and a number of VDCs were given the status of NGO and were properly registered. They were given know how to prepare small projects according to their aspirations, such as drinking water, health, education, income generation and funded based on participatory projects.
- A number of seminars, forums and consultations were held with the help of UN family and Government to highlight the problems faced by poor farmers such as credit, seed, fertilizer, machinery, irrigation water, storage, transportation and marketing of their produce.
- Village Godho was selected for setting up a Pilot Project of the Foundation. The village was isolated without any link road, water supply, education and any other basic facilities and amenities of life. After three years hard work the village now has got proper link road, drinking water supply, electricity, drainage, school for boys and girls, Skill Development Centre, Mother and Child Health Centre, Mobile Dispensary with a doctor, LHV and staff to provide medical facilities on the door steps of the village people which are located in far flung areas of Tehsil Taxila.
- RDF has carried out a comprehensive socio-economic survey of 52 villages around the Pilot Project Taxila.
- Model villages have been established in the Pilot Project area.
- Lining of major water courses of villages in Punjab through community based organizations sponsored by Bizakia Country Council Spain through WORLD RURAL FORUM.
- Foundation has strengthened national and international network and is the member of global network in North and South America, Europe, South Asia and South East Asia.
- RDF has also participated in a project on food security issues, which was sponsored by FAO and coordinated by ANGOC. Pakistan was one of the 10 countries in Asia who successfully completed a project on food sufficiency. On the successful completion of the research a project was sponsored by FAO and Bizakia Country Council Spain through World Rural Forum for remodeling and lining of a major water course of a village in Punjab.
- RDF has consultative status with ECOSOC of United Nations
- RDF has conducted detailed research studies on various aspects of rural development. The studies were conducted under the programmes initiated by Asian Development Forum. The research studies were presented at Dehli, India; Khatmandu, Nepal; Manila, Philippines; Kualalampur, Malaysia; and Bangkok
- RDF has also attended and contributed in international seminars on various rural development issues especially access to land issues in Pakistan
- Foundation is the member of various committees of government.
- The foundation took the initiative and established South Asia Association of Non Governmental Organizations (SANGO) of SAARC countries with the consent of India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Bhutan.
- The foundation has added a new dimension in the form of Institute of Rural Development Studies (IRDS) to give an opportunity to young men and women to carry out research in the rural sector.
- The foundation has its own premises and is fully self supporting by renting out the extra space to the private sector.
Site designed & managed by
Akhtar Abbas Sial
Office: RDF Centre, 31-Mauve Area, RDF Chowk,
G-9/1, P.O.Box 1170, Islamabad, Pakistan
Tel: 92-51-2251492, 2260373, Fax: 92-51-2250367,